• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor adivice- gaming/web design/graphic design/photogrpahy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fragged3d

I am starting a new build soon and it seems that the monitor of my choice is not really what I want. I am posting to get your opinions! My initial monitor choice was 30" Apple Cinema. I have looked at a few kinds but I'm not a monitor guru, nor do I care to be. The monitor I have on paper now is Samsung T260HD but I have read some good things as well as bad. Like the title says I am a gamer, web designer, graphic artist and I do photography.

ratbuddy

I am starting a new build soon and it seems that the monitor of my choice is not really what I want. I am posting to get your opinions! My initial monitor choice was 30" Apple Cinema. I have looked at a few kinds but I'm not a monitor guru, nor do I care to be. The monitor I have on paper now is Samsung T260HD but I have read some good things as well as bad. Like the title says I am a gamer, web designer, graphic artist and I do photography.

That Apple would work great. Was it over budget?

ratbuddy

Neat, but who is making these and how would you search for them?

Honestly, with your list of tasks for the new monitor(s) I'd only look at the 30" offerings. Samsung 305t is highly regarded, as in the Dell 3008wfp, although a little less so. I think every 30" LCD uses an IPS panel of some sort.

OP
F

fragged3d

The Apple is 700:1 and I could not find ms time. I looked up the Samsung and found neither tiger or newegg selling it. I had 4 22" Dells on my last rig and I wasn't really impressed.

ratbuddy

The Apple is 700:1 and I could not find ms time. I looked up the Samsung and found neither tiger or newegg selling it. I had 4 22" Dells on my last rig and I wasn't really impressed.

Which Dells did you have though? There's some TN ones that aren't really suited to your type of work, and then there's the 2209 which probably would be better.

mattgmann

Don't look at specs, look at monitors :beer:

+1
specs are rarely accurate. If the apple is in the budget, it's a great choice. The dell 30" is wonderful as well. In fact, I think it's every bit as nice as the apple. I don't have any firsthand experience with the sammy 305T, but it seems to be top notch as well.

If you want professional color matching though, I'd go with a LaCie. Their 730 is freakin sweet, but pricey. They have a full line of great monitors though, and their calibration is second to none.

OP
F

fragged3d

I never worried about monitor specs before and I don't know why I am now!

I am doing all my coding, photoshop and gaming on my macbook pro and it looks awesome. It's one of the reasons that makes me want the Apple screen.

Vengance_01

Well the MBP's all use TN screens. I would recommend the Dell 22inch E-IPS LCD. One of the best bang for your buck brand new LCDs out there period.

Theocnoob

Dell U2410 or a 24" or bigger LED apple.

Seriously.

The 2209WA is good. It's accurate- but it's not AS accurate as the U2410. That's really the monitor you want for photo and video editing.