• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

I been using my old HP 15in monitor until the other night. I turned it off for a bit, and when I turned it back on, it kept turning off and on off and on, and making this clicking noise. Ive hooked it up to both video card and mobo vga, even tried another comp and it still doesnt work. =/ Anyone have a clue wtf happened?

Guess I can order that 955df that I been wanting =).

alpha_gamer

If it's making a clicking noise like that I'd say there is a short or loose connection inside the monitor somewhere. Anything else I would suggest trying to fix yourself but monitors have big caps and can give you a seriously nasty shock. Don't think of it is a problem, think of it as an upgrade! :D

OP
Onizuka

Onizuka

Yes, lol messing round inside it sounds bad. Oh well guess I can take it out back and beat the hell outta it, all the pain my hp has put me through ;)

schismspeak

Yeah it is dead, did it happen to be a M50 model? Exact Same thing happened to our "new" replacement BestBuy sent us, we ended up sending the replacement back and driving three hours to exchange for new, at the store.(We had extended warranty) So far though our new one has been going for two years I think, our other only lasted about 16months.

AMD Phreak

I just replaced a Viewsonic that was doing the same thing, i turned it on one night and it did not power up (no image, screen was on but no image), and then it did the relay clicking thing. Some how it worked after like 10 minutes of constant cursing, and then right in the middle of an online game, it died. I have no idea what is the cause of the problem though.