• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor does not shut off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idkfa

Hey,

I have a problem with my Acer S271HL monitor. The last couple of days I noticed that my monitor won't shut off properly.
When I set in Windows 8.1 Monitor shut down after 1 Minute, it displays "No Signal" (just as it should and usually did) and after that it stays on. Display is black but still illuminated.
My 2nd monitor goes to sleep as it should.
When I shut down my rig completely it shuts off properly.

I tried changing the settings in Win 8.1, pulling the plug etc.

I changed nothing that could relate to that issue. It could be that this issue first appeared after unplugging the power strip when I was out of town for a couple of days. Can't see how that would contribute.

Any ideas what that might be? Should I RMA? I watch shows etc when I go to sleep and and would like the monitor to shut off after I'm done. So that is kind of annoying. Rig keeps running (folding, rendering, stuff like that in the background), so auto shutdown is no solution.

In this case, I wouldn't troubleshoot that any further than you already have. I'd either deal with it or just RMA it. That's me though.

Back