• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor going... :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

i think my monitor is finally going. it has started like fading out to blackness, and if i smack it it will come back for a few minutes. if i turn my subs up it stays on nice and constant, but angers my parents from the bass. it also has some permanant purpleness in the right side, and i use a magnet cleverly placed to make it look right. but i think it's time for a new monitor. this one has served us well for 9 years (probably on for a total of 5) it's a 15 inch cheap-o 15 inch. will only handle 1024*768 at 43 hz interlaced, and 800*600 at 60 hz. so i plan to get a 19 inch, but i have one slight problem.... money.... wonder if my brother would let me delay his payments a couple weeks... hmm.. or i could just bear with it till i get him payed off...

Yup, your monitor is going...I had a friend that had the same symptoms with his monitor.

Last edited:
Back