• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok guys I got me a shiny new monitor off the forums here and it arrived and is awesome but I cant get it set up just right. Plays games perfectly btw.

Its a Westinghouse 24" L2410NM M-PVA LCD and hooked up via HDMI

now the colors seems to be right on but the problem I got is with the font, its kinda hard to read almost blurry kind of, its hard to explain and bold font isn't very bold.... barley noticeable difference between regular and bold font.

what do I need to adjust to get it working better, smoother easier to read. Ive got it all messed up and started over a few times but cant get it working smooth.

I know this is prolly a easy fix but after Ive tried for so long I think I'm over looking something.

This is on the rig in my sig. All drivers are up too date. Thanks for helping save me from going crazy.

Omaha, NE !

Ok SS attached, of the page here look at my sig hows its blurry.....

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 150
ive noticed this before too with tvs at high res through hdmi. looks great through vga but not as good in hdmi. may just be better of using vga or dvi. i know i had to play with quite a bit of settings to get the text clear on my tv and still looked better over vga. in the end i used both connectors. ran through the vga for web browsing and general use and used the hdmi when gaming. good luck

ya I just dug out a DVI cable and hooked it up and got no issues but with the HDMI I still got them..... man this sucks.

not really dvi and hdmi are the same quality just hdmi carries sound as well. there is a ton of info out there on how text isnt crisp with hdmi when used as a monitor. unless u really need your sound carried to your monitor youll have every bit as good and obviously better quality with the dvi cable

Back