• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor out of rang?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogee

Registered
Monitor out of rang?

What the hell does this mean. When i shut down at night it says this but the system still shuts down.

KDS - Visual Sensations VS-195

Leadtek Geforce2 Pro with 11.01 and 12.00 drivers both do this. Vsync is off and refresh rate is now set to 100mhz. Still does it if i set refresh to optimal too.

reboot your machine and go to safe mode..... Easy way to do it is reboot and hold down both shift keys during boot.

when you reach safemode go to the display properties and set size to 800x600 and colors to 16bit. Set your refresh rate again here to around 80 then reboot again. when you reach windows, try bumping them up a little at a time. You probably don't need above an 85 refresh.

that means that the monitor is on but reciving no video signal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because the puter is off!

pii100 (May 01, 2001 10:45 a.m.):
that means that the monitor is on but reciving no video signal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because the puter is off!

Ok wise guy........then if you take an older monitor and change the refresh rate to say 100.......what happens to your signal? Oh it's still there........AND THE COMPUTER IS ON!

sorry am sarcastic by nature, but he said he was turning it off and besides oldermoniters dont display that message the just try to scan it and look like crap

and sorry bout that puter crap too i live in east texas and work for tech support for a isp i have heard really weird stuff and have to have a sense of humor by the way how do you put those faces in to a post??

I started to get this message also, ever since I loaded DX-8a and the new Det 3 ver 12 drivers. I'm not sure which is causing it. I think I may have a tough time removing DX8a but I may try dropping back to the 6.5 nVidia drivers.

Back