• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Problem, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pfieffdog

Registered
I purchased a new 21" sony monitor as an upgrade from my 17". I plugged it in today and everything seemed fine, but then I started to play a game(counterstrike) and it was going smoothly but then everything froze up, never happened previously. Didn't think it was the monitor, but I restarted and everything was fine, but played again, and same thing happened. So I thought it might have something to do with counterstrike, but just now I was watching an .AVI in windows media player and my computer froze up, same syptoms as before. None of these problems ever happened before I got the new monitor. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

-Pfieff

i have no clue but have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers ? and are you running your monitor at the same resolution as the 17 inch one?

did you install the drivers for the monitor?

or calibrate it properly. If it still doesnt work, I'll take it off your hands:D:D:D:D

Back