• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thobel

I'm currently using 3x Asus Rog PG258q's as I used to only play First Person Shooters, I have been playing lots of RPGs like Baldur's Gate 3 etc. and feel like I'm missing out on 4K I'm looking for suggestions. I want the BEST options regardless of price. Any thoughts on playing a FPS on a 32/34"?

Feels big, that size, for a desk, but... depends on how far away you sit.... amd that's just me, lol.

Where you're at 1080p/250, your next upgrade shouldn't be less than 240hz, imo. So I'd go 2560x1440 240hz 28". Higher res, still get the Hz.

Hopefully the B&H Photo link works & you'll have a narrowed field of choices.

I have a 32" 1440p monitor sitting on a large old Steelcase desk. I can imagine the size would be an issue on a standard depth desk, but it's fine at my viewing distance.

Nice look forward to hearing how you like it.

Same.. that thing is....... awesome! 4K 165 Hz was my next upgrade (from 2560x1440 165). The problem is I run two monitors so I'd have to upgrade to a cheapO 4K next to it, lol.

Same.. that thing is....... awesome! 4K 165 Hz was my next upgrade (from 2560x1440 165). The problem is I run two monitors so I'd have to upgrade to a cheapO 4K next to it, lol.
Yeah I am wanting some new monitors soon too. I have a set of HP LA2405wg, a set of HP LA2405x, and a set of HP ZR2440w right now. 3 different systems. The wgs are showing their age pretty bad. Color is shifted on one, both experience intermittent drop outs that a gentle tap is enough to bring it back up, and one occasionally gets stuck in sleep mode and you have to unplug it for about a minute to power it back on. The Xs both have minor cosmetic damage to the bezel, and the stand is cracked on one of my ZRs(got stepped on during the move). Id love to try something with a higher resolution in the 24-27" range but the most powerful GPU in the house is in my desktop and thats connected to the 55" in the living room / doubles as a server currently, so IDK if I would really appreciate it anyway. I doubt the 4GB quadros in my ZBooks can really push high enough FPS to justify a high refresh rate display.

Ok I like the monitor image is amazing. I hate my multi monitor setup now. I had 3 x 24" Now I have 2 side 24" in Portrait mode 1 of them I keep discord on and it looks fine. The 2nd I usually would have a web page or twitch and it looks like crap in Portrate but its too wide in landscape mode :(

Last edited:
GRATS!

/envious_sigh: oh maaan!

With this monitor being 240 Hz... it really makes me sad that i can't get a flat 42" 4k 240 Hz monitor... going from a 30" flat 2560x1600 (16:10) 60 Hz monitor to a 32" curved 4k (16:9)monitor just doesn't feel right. MAYBE the extra 2 inches width will make up for losing 1.5 inches on top (different ratios), but i really don't know if i'll like the curved display. (I use my PC monitor for movies and TV, too) That high refresh rate is soooo tempting though, and samsung offers great payment plans on their website.. full price, 4 payments, or 36 monthly payments. then i'd need a rtx 5090... LOL

PS: i have a 60" x 30" gaming desk, added a sliding keyboard shelf, so while sitting in my gaming chair, my eyes are a good 36" away from the monitor, so a 42" flat screen should be fine.

Last edited:
GRATS!

/envious_sigh: oh maaan!

With this monitor being 240 Hz... it really makes me sad that i can't get a flat 42" 4k 240 Hz monitor... going from a 30" flat 2560x1600 (16:10) 60 Hz monitor to a 32" curved 4k (16:9)monitor just doesn't feel right. MAYBE the extra 2 inches width will make up for losing 1.5 inches on top (different ratios), but i really don't know if i'll like the curved display. (I use my PC monitor for movies and TV, too) That high refresh rate is soooo tempting though, and samsung offers great payment plans on their website.. full price, 4 payments, or 36 monthly payments. then i'd need a rtx 5090... LOL

PS: i have a 60" x 30" gaming desk, added a sliding keyboard shelf, so while sitting in my gaming chair, my eyes are a good 36" away from the monitor, so a 42" flat screen should be fine.
I never had a curved before I honestly got used to it pretty fast.

I have thought about using a 4K TV as a computer monitor for a while now. I bought 2 4K monitors and it was a disaster. I had all kinds of issues with the display being very tiny even after making every adjustment in windows I found and others suggested. I ended up selling them and lost $$$$

have you gone to a 4K TV yet and if so what are your thoughts?

I use the 65" 4k LG oled c1pub
Its great
I'm looking for just a 43" look ing at TCL, I know they are lower quality 4K TV's but was thinking there ate some good reviews of the TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV used as a monitor. I was thinking at $200 range even if it runs into any issues I didn't spend that much.

I have 2 monitors on the way from Dell. I tried to cancel both orders and it did not happen. Anyway, these are the 2 that will be here soon. I will return at least one, maybe both.

Back