• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor vs tv for RPG gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luno papi

Registered
I’ve always been a FP shooter gamer and competitive so I currently use 24.5 inch 240hz rog monitors at 1080.

Recently I started playing more RPG games to unwind and chill out. My current pc is pretty decent (3950x/2080ti) and my next build with next gen hardware when it comes out will be another set up. So I figure if I’m going to play some RPG games I wanna experience the 4K.

I’m out of my depth but a decent 28” or bigger 4K monitor looks like it costs about the same as a 43” 4K tv. Seen as input delay shouldn’t really matter much. As long as it’s under 10 I don’t see a problem for these types of games. Which would you choose and why?

I was leaning towards tv as I can wall mount it looking nice above my current monitors and and kick back on the couch I have in my games room and play and enjoy.

I went through Divinity Original sin 1 twice with 42" TV and Xbox controller, I loved it.

Played a bit of Witcher 3 as well and also enjoyed it.

Now playing DOS 2, same (though wireless mouse/keyboard is finally better than controller IMO).

I'd say go for it!

I went through Divinity Original sin 1 twice with 42" TV and Xbox controller, I loved it.

Played a bit of Witcher 3 as well and also enjoyed it.

Now playing DOS 2, same (though wireless mouse/keyboard is finally better than controller IMO).

I'd say go for it!

I’m currently playing Witcher 3 and really enjoying it. Never gave these types of games a go. Always been a shooter and competitive so this is just great to chill and play. I found a really decent stated 43” 4K tv with only 8m/s input delay and 100hz refresh for $690aud can’t even find a monitor of the same input delay and refresh as a 4K for that price

Back