• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Warmup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

de_yogurt

so im expecting a 22" lcd from UPS today :) how long should i let it sit out at room temperature before i decide to use it? dont wanna ruin my first LCD. thanks in advance and as always have a good one!

Yogurt

OP
D

de_yogurt

and maybe its not. i wasnt sure. ive just seen laptop screens do screwed up things when they are cold or not at room temp. i guess thats what i was basing the question on, but since they are both lcd, i didnt want to take a chance. thanks!

Yogurt

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Unbox it and read the instructions, they may mention the need to allow it to come to room temperature. It's not a bad idea especially if you're in a cold area. A few hours should do it but maybe go longer if you like...4-8 hours?

OP
D

de_yogurt

no instructions. i bought it refurbished. i guess if something goes wrong, i just send it back.

SkiBum1207

You dont want condensation shorting out anything...I would wait 4-8 hours

but I feel your pain!