• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Is this where I post about Monitors? I have one on order. Its 32" Curved 4K. I feel like I got a good deal on it. What do you think? I know its only 60Hz but I think I will be okay.

You post about monitors in the Displays and Digital Camera section. ;)

Moved. :)

60 Hz is fine if you don't game. Otherwise, I'd get something with a higher refresh rate for sure. I don't like curved monitors personally, but that's a preference thing more than anything.

What videocard do you have? Gaming at 4K isn't easy...

Sorry if I was consfusing.... if you don't game, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do game, then I'd go with a higher refresh rate.

If you don't need the screen real estate 4K offers, you can go 2560x1440.

If you're only using the iGPU on the processor, then yeah, you won't be gaming much as it's not remotely good enough for 4K gaming (outside of web based games).

How far away from your face is that monitor going to sit? If you can touch it with your elbow still bent, it is a bit close. You'll find yourself moving your head around to see everything on the display.

I have a 32" (1440p) sitting on a desk that's pretty deep. I have to lean forward with arm completely stretched out to touch it.
I also have a 27" (1440p) sitting about 12"-18" closer on a another desk that I use for photography software. It's a very comfortable size at that distance.

How far away from your face is that monitor going to sit? If you can touch it with your elbow still bent, it is a bit close. You'll find yourself moving your head around to see everything on the display.

I have a 32" (1440p) sitting on a desk that's pretty deep. I have to lean forward with arm completely stretched out to touch it.
I also have a 27" (1440p) sitting about 12"-18" closer on a another desk that I use for photography software. It's a very comfortable size at that distance.
This is all good stuff! Thank you...I have to get my butt to work...talk to you guys later.

Agreed. I'm arms length away from a 27" 1440p and that's perfect for me.

Stand/sit in front of one at a store and see if it works for you. ;)

I currently have a 27"....I guess I cannot cancel my monitor order. I have to return it. So I have two monitors heading my way..I can try them both.. One 32" and a 34". :geek:

Back