• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monsoon Dual Bay Wiring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VDotV

Hello,
Just got around to putting my cooling system together. Plugged my res into psu and nothing happened.
I received it with the molex wiring all wrong.
Swapped cables and got motor goin but...
Could that have fried the LED board on the Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Res?
It doesn't light up :(

Its very possible if the wiring was wrong. I would have not changed any wiring and sent it back for a replacement.

Turns out the board is ok. Kept unplugging at the board. Lesson of the day is check your plugs. Heh. image.jpeg

Turns out the board is ok. Kept unplugging at the board. Lesson of the day is check your plugs. Heh.

Glad it all worked out and you used your senses to check the connections before going to the extreme.

Turns out the board is ok. Kept unplugging at the board. Lesson of the day is check your plugs. Heh. View attachment 181371

Man do I ever feel ya. I've been building PCs for over a decade, and I don't think I've ever once had the machine make a full, proper boot the first time I hit the on switch. And just about every time, it's some stupid plug or switch I missed or knocked loose. (or even "forgot to turn the power strip back on") :bang head

I'm a dufus, but a persistent dufus. It always works out in the end.

Back