• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More copper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

I wanted to know i have a bucket bong,rad (no fan on rad) 120mm fan on bucket i was wondering would i get even better temps if i bought some copper tubing and ran the water coming from the cpu to the rad through the copper tubing to the bucket bong would this make temps even better or would it cream my flow and hurt my temps

Yes that probably would help some if you had much of it, since an open copper coil or something similar is probably much better for convective cooling than a radiator for forced air without a fan on it. If you are worried about it hurting flow, then take the rad out to compensate if you don't want to put a fan on it.

my 2c.

Road Warrior

helpin you

hey try to do that copper tube through your bucket, but also put some fans on your rad. that will help. i am setting up a minifridge and putting a rad or 2 in it plus a cold air intake to my case instead of just a normal intake.

Hmm sounds right thx,I'm ganna grab some tomarrow see what i can do with it.I've been trying alot of stuff to see if it will help my temps,Not that they are bad by any means i just did my volt mod and it went great but temps did rise some so now i wanna see if i can get them lower

So far so good,this is with my MSI k7t266 pro2 thats why my board temps are so high,would it have killed them to put a fan on this thing ahh well i have to do it

Back