• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more fsb = more heat @ same voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellraiser

hi all,
got a question here:
i know that my chip will generate more heat if i up the vcore.
i´ve got an 1.6a runnin @ 133 fsb at default vcore.
does the chip generate the same amount of heat when running on 100 fsb and the same ( default ) vcore?

thx for the input :)

Maxvla

yeah if you pump more power through it naturally there is more energy and thus more heat even if the clock speed is lower.

batboy

Senior Moment
Overclocking DOES produce more heat even if the voltage stays the same. Some people might see a greater increase in system temp than CPU temp, but overclocking will increase the amount of heat produced by the system.

Wommalong

batboy said:
Overclocking DOES produce more heat even if the voltage stays the same. Some people might see a greater increase in system temp than CPU temp, but overclocking will increase the amount of heat produced by the system.

I agree, it does depend on the degree to which you overclock

:Edit: uping the voltage will have a lot of an effect on the temps when compeared to uping the FSB;)

LiGhTBoY

Don't forget why it increases when you o/c the FSB.
.......OK I'll tell you =P :
Transistors (sp?) inside the processor were meant to run say......at......166hz......that is 166 on-off times in 1 sec. If you increase the hz then at 180 they will on-off at 180 times in 1 sec. (numbers are to show why (not real)).Naturally more times , means more friction, means more heat being produced.