• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More help needed!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

Ok, you might have seen my post GF2ti problem recently. It stopped working altogether. Now my TNT2 won't even work right! I can boot, but windows always says I have a display error, that my hardware will not support the current setting, and it bumped me dwn to 640X480, 16 colors. Now I got it back to 1024x768, but it still won't go over 256 colors. I've tried detonator (various versions) and the original driver that came with my card, no luck!

I'm not sure what the hell happened. Can somebody help?

also, no I don't still have remnants of the geforce installed, I'm pretty sure it's all cleaned up.

frostmeister

Might be a memory problem on your graphics card... Used to see it back in the days of 1 or 2 MB vesa local bus cards when improperly seated ram chips (yes, they had sockets!!) would cause problems. Have you verified that you can see al the installed ram on the video card? It's under the display control panel in advanced settings-adapter on XP.