• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Nintendo Revolution specs *NEW* today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fighter2a

We'll see who's saying it sucks with it costs $100 and you play it more then your ps3/xbox360. The console scene needs some inovation in my opinion. My pc can do everything and more (a lot more) then a regular console. It looks like it's not going to be that way with the revolution.

Sentential

Contributing Member
If what they say is true I will probably buy this. There's no need for high end computing at my house since we already have two fine PCs as it is. It would be a waste to buy a PS3 / Xbox 360 for $600

Quaxor

I want a Revolution even more now. I just hope I get my copy of Zelda for Gamecube, which I preordered near the beginning of this year, before Revolution comes out. :bang head

Avg

I was just thinking about the power of current consoles today, and i came to the conclusion that graphics are nice and a important part of what sells the console, but the games available for it are more important, just like the previous Xbox which had better graphics then the PS2 but everyone and their grandmother had a PS2. For nintendo sake though they better release better games otherwise it is going to be a Microsoft vs. Sony thing, and I dislike them both.

XZit

The reveloution imo is nice.
Sure it lacks the graphics that the 360 and the ps3 will. But hey--its small, cheap, and portable--and nintendos really getting into those "party" games.
So its nice to be able to have a tiny little system like this that you can bring over to a friends house--hook up to a tv, and have 4 friends play the new mario party or w/e.

pz

Blackmage

tenchi86 said:
Personally I am not impressed with the Rev, the specs are lacking compared to other consols and I don't like there game line-up.

man, i anit impressed but at that rumored price i will buy one.

twEEkerAreUs

Blackmage said:
man, i anit impressed but at that rumored price i will buy one.

Ditto, I was seriously turned off by the controller at first but at $150 or less that is not bad at all. If the games are good, that's where I'm at. I can hardly afford 360 prices nor PS3 when it comes out I know that much.

Quaxor

I was also thinking that at that price, many people who already have a ps3 or xbox 360 will be more likely pick one of these up too just because it's so cheap. If they're spending $400+ on a console already, what's another $150?

fuzzba11

Wow, it seems the Revolution is hardly packing any punch. Nintendo better be releasing some awesome launch titles if they expect to get anyone's attention. If the CPU and GPU are really just Gamecube hardware with double the clock speeds, they better include back support for the GC games! I want to play the new Zelda on it, not to mention the new Metroid 3. Hopefully there will be new Mariokart, and maybe some Mario or Final Fantasy. Didn't Nintendo get the rights to the Final Fantasy series?

My only worry is that they're trying to pass off the control scheme as the whole unit, much like they did with the Nintendo DS. I don't want to be as disappointed with the game lineup as I was with my DS, we still haven't seen Metroid: Hunters!

Seven7Thirty30

Nintendo won't need an impressive line up of games with the ability to download and play every title from the past on all its previous systems. The PRICE and ability to play all the old games you grew up on will make it a huge hit. I'll definitely buy one.

mage_x

graphics don't make a game, everyone should realize this by now.

fuzzba11 said:
If the CPU and GPU are really just Gamecube hardware with double the clock speeds, they better include back support for the GC games!
it will be backwards compatible with gamecube games, and you will be able to download games from the NES, SNES, and N64 and play them on built-in emulators. of course, this could already be done on the x-box and even the dreamcast, albeit illegally.

TheGreySpectre

Seven7Thirty30 said:
Nintendo won't need an impressive line up of games with the ability to download and play every title from the past on all its previous systems. The PRICE and ability to play all the old games you grew up on will make it a huge hit. I'll definitely buy one.

couldnt have said it any better

fuzzba11

Nice I didn't know about the download feature, but that still raises the problem of new games. Like I said, there was all this hype over the DS about how a new control scheme will usher in a new era in games, and then there are only a handful of developers willing to take a risk along with Nintendo. I won't be able to resist buying one if they're only $150, but I'll be taking a serious look at the PS3 as well.

d94

$30 a phone
if it'll really be 150-100 im in...simply because its "cheap"
and like everyones saying, this'd be awsome in a dorm for party games

Salomon Orangge

I had always planned on getting a Nintendo Product before any other, and nothing that has been written so far changes my mind about this. The price tag that is being attached to this console is VERY appealing, and it is pretty apparent that even those people out there that hadnt planned on getting it due to their recent or future purchases of a 360 or PS3, are planning to get it now as well. I think that this alone is a huge plus on the side of Nintendo.

And one thing that I whole heartedly agree on... Its all about the games that are being released for the console, not the console that determines the games. That article even sites Resident Evil 4 as being a fantastic piece of artistry, and it was released on the Gamecube which by some people's standards is sub-par machinery compared to an XBOX or PS2. I think that goes to show you that it really can be done... make a game look fantastic, as well as associate great gameplay with it on a system that doesnt necessarily outgun something else.

I can tell you that i'm still very impressed with what Nintendo has done to date, and I am still very happy that I own 4 Nintendo systems already. The Revolution will make a happy 5th.

Seven7Thirty30

Even if Nintendo's new console bottoms out, they will still own Pokemon ($$$). Not to mention they pretty much own the portable entertainment market. No one has outsold the Gameboy.

remote_username

man i remember saying this way before the specs came out on this(on a diffrent fourm)that you don't need a 9 core cell cpu(some crazy arse thing like that)to make a game look good

take a look at conker on the n64

that game came out 5 years after the n64 was released so there wasn't anything to brag about hardware wise and that games looked amazing (IMHO it still looks good)

and anything coming from nintendo isn't going to be 300$ when it comes out

unfortunately i think the odd controler is going to scare pepole off(i'm fine with it since i play my n64 often)

</rant>