• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hello all, I am finishing my build of my new i7/260GTX dual loop water cooling setup and I wanted to know if it would be worth it to put a second XSPC 360RX rad onto my CPU loop. I have a friend that has a 360RX that he is willing to part with for only $40. Will I see a noticeable difference, such as 4 or 5 degrees, with the second Rad included? Or should I just save it for whenever I do a HTPC?

List of components on the CPU loop:

Pump-MCP655 Vario
CPU Block- Apogee XT
Res- EK 150ml cylinder Res

Thanks for the input

PS. I built my own Tech station so space is not an issue.

Daddyjaxx

I noticed a good drop in temps adding a second rad, but I have my GPU in the loop too. I also added another set of fans last weekend to the rads and that dropped my idle temps about 3 degrees on both the CPU (was 38 now 35) and GPU (was 35 now 32). I haven't checked load temps yet though.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I would say save it. a 360 sized rad will be good enough for the CPU only. And while temps would drop a couple C, its not going to be a make or break for an overclock anyway.

Spawn-Inc

an XSPC RX360 for 40 in good condition? get your arse in gear and grab it.

even if you don't see a huge drop now you can use it later on for something else.

OP
G

GMdoubleG

The Rad is new and I already bought it. I wasn't going to pass up the deal even if I wasn't going to use it. I having set my i7 on water yet. I just finished building my tech station and wanted to see if it was worth it or just save it for another build down the line.

muddocktor

Retired
Definitely it is worth throwing into your loop. You never have enough rad for cooling. :D And congratulations on getting such a good deal on the rad too! :thup: