• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more than one vid card??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bacchana1

I was wondering if I could use an AGP 3D accelerator like an 8500 or something with a PCI TV capture card like the LEADTEK WINFAST TV2000XP? Has anyone tried this or does anyone know if it would cause problems or slow things down? Basically I'd like to be able to capture VHS on to VCD and still be able to play games. Having two cards seems like the best way to get the best of both worlds for the least amount of money.

Monaco

sure, you can do it!

I've done that myself with no problems. The only thing that might possibly be a little difficult is resources- you might need to finagle yourself a free IRQ, depending on your system.

But most likely, you can just stick it in a slot, install the drivers, and away you go with no problems.

OP
Bacchana1

Bacchana1

Thanks, I think that would be most cool. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get around to converting all my bootleg concert videos to VCD. :D Hmm, now I wonder how well I could play counter-strike while capturing and burning video...:burn: