• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morgan Re-install OS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

Have had a Morgan running fine in my system for a week now. Is it true, to obtain the full benefit of the chip, that I have to re-install Win2K??

OP
13oots2

13oots2

Just found AMD's recommendation, CU all in a couple of hours. Have a complete re-install to do, and I can't use my Ghost copy:(

Cluster

Post some benchies when you get back. That's kinda weird that you have to do a complete reinstall. A reinstall usually does good once in awhile anyway.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I dont think that you need to reinstall for a new CPU - motherboards are a totally different story tho.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
You don't need to reinstall. Try WCPUID and see if SSE is enabled. If it isn't then WCPUID can enable it with the click of a mouse. Its that simple. to test it out try some sandra benchamarks before and after.

OP
13oots2

13oots2

I was suprised, but the attachment shows what AMD has to say.

<Edit> just ran a bench using Lightwave previous install using Athlon 7.2 seconds. New install with Morgan 6.7 seconds

Last edited:

David

Forums Super Moderator
13oots2 said:
I was suprised, but the attachment shows what AMD has to say.

<Edit> just ran a bench using Lightwave previous install using Athlon 7.2 seconds. New install with Morgan 6.7 seconds

Well, there is an improvement.
Get tweak-xp - www.tweak-xp.com and enable the appropriate CPU tweak for your processor.