• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morrowind for Dummies(newbs guide to morrowind)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ooh, i used to know that.

after a while the amount of money you make off those things is hardly worth the effort though. by far, the best strategy is looting daedric tombs. a full set of daedric armour will go for so much more than you can make off that mine in years.

Ive been side tracked from the game lately since I got ut2k4. I may just make a new character, and do all the side quests and check out the ruins and such. Im so mad I never joined the imperial cult :(, im afraid that im lvl 22 now and its gonna get to easy at first.

I can't seem to find any mods that make wildlife more docile. Does anyone have a link or filename I can search for? There are TONS of mods and all the search words I tried at the various sites (wildlife, docile, monsters, creatures, etc) came up empty.

Thanks.

morrowindfiles.com takes forever to load on my broadband connection...I'm hesitant to visit that site when it appears to be downloading hundreds of megabytes and I still don't see a site page. Is this page down?

I tried many other sites and searched for keywords such as docile and wildlife...can't find a mod. A direct link (or the correct search keyword) would be most helpful.

Doesnt Chameleon just make you harder to hit? Someone on the first page of this thread said people still see him, I thought that was the point but it just made you harder to hit, anywho...when i first started I found the wonderful ring of aversion for something like under 200 gp and I just ran around stealing 60000 gp items for a good 4 hours...love that ring, just stand behind someone, make sure nobody is facing you by turning them around, go invisible and take anything you want as long as its sitting out, then you can also open doors to rooms and let people walk out then close the door behind em and take anything you want some more :) The game is really easy, just large with alot of travelling. Also, they leave it up to you to decide what you can take on, so you could go into a quest thats a little too hard to start.

I think chameleon makes you kind of transparent, not really invisible. The spell or enchanted item tells how transparent you will become when you use the spell, 20% transparent, 40% transparent, etc. The percentages add up too. If you use the spell and/or item a few times in a row where the percentage totals 100%(20% spell + 40% enchanted item + 40% enchanted item), you then become basically invisible. Combat or opening doors does not cancel the spell like it does with the invisible spell. The higher the percentage of cameleon, the harder it will be for others to see you. If you have a good sneak skill, though, you might be able to get by unseen with a lower % while sneaking.

ya i beleive thats exactly it

its sanctuary that makes you harder to hit. if you have 100% sanctuary, which isnt THAT hard to obtain with the right birthsign and a few items, then you re completely immune to hits!.

is morrowindfiles.com down? have been having trouble all day trying to get on their site after deciding to try this game again :(

Damn. I uninstalled Morrowind a year ago, and this thread just makes me want to reinstall it even though I know I won't finish it this time either. Argh....and I gotta go download the good mods again too....

I bought the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition at BB which includes Bloodmoon and Tribunal. Thx for this great thread!

no problem at all, glad to be of help.

the guide probably needs updating, as it doesnt even include bloodmoon, but id have to reinstall the game and...well get bloodmoon.

i think im just gunna play thief3 when it comes out, and write a guide/review for that instead. dear god that game looks soo good <druels>, not to mention EQ2 which looks like morrowind online.

id love to reinstall morrowind and play it again though...i think maybe after i get a new harddrive this summer, and some free time i ll fire it up again.

I really like that Hlaalu stronghold, by far the best of the three (Redoran, too far, covered in ash :(; Telvanni, nice but far from anything good). Anyway, some mods I use right now as far as I can remember.

Some talking sword mod called Lilacor, 2 handed sword that gets better as you kill more monsters and it says stupid things, I thought it was funny.

A Vivec mod that adds boathouses and residences to Vivec, really makes Vivec look more alive than it used to but it turns Vivec into a performance hog.

Adventurers/Super Adventurers is also a good mod, includes most of the other mods (capes, faces, armors/weapons, etc) to the game, along with some other tweaks. Adds travelling merchants and bandits. Tries to make the game more difficult. Only thing I don't like is how Creeper and the crab merchant (SE of Vivec) no longer carry a lot of money :(.

There's also a Bank of Balmora mod (part of Citymods I think?) I tried out, pretty nice to put your money in and watch the interest collect. Also lets you buy houses although I wouldn't recommend since the house I bought in Balmora was half buried in a hill :(. Better off just using the Hlaalu stronghold.

"a good place to stay" is still by far my favourite house mod. its perfect size, and you jsut cant **** with manakins.

i need to reinstall this game, but i need to wait to get my new harddrive first

sometimes when picking locks if there are to many guards around just take off your stolen goods and pick the lock who cares if you have to pay the 5 gp fine its 5 gp

taunt is your friend

If you start a new game go straight to suran. on of the pawn shops has a busted glass dagger that he will sell for REALLY i think its 2 gp but i am not sure buy it than join a fighters guild and get the armorers hammers and repair it. than eaither use it or sell it for an easy 5k

Don't get a whole bunch of items with constant effect chameleon I got it up so that my chamealon was at 96% all the time and the game got really boring because the game does not deal with invisiblity well. people would only seem me 1 in ten times and if they saw me i could just tap the sneak button while in the midst of battle and they would wander away because they could not see me

For the boots of blinding speed you don't need constant effect resist magic. just get a spell that gives you 100% for like 5 seconds cast it and put the boots on during that time and you will not be blinded at all, your screen will not even darken (a result of partial blindness)

Look online for the daedric quests ( I am not going to post them here it would take to long) and do them for lots of money and good stuff

for constant effect items someone in tel branora has the summon golden saint spell just make an amulet out of it and get another item that casts soul trap and your set, esp. if you have azura's star (best souldgem refillible)

Best set of constant effect items i ever made was a set of clothes that gave me a totol of +200 to acrobatics when combined with the boots of blinding speed they allowed me to traves the whole continent by foot\air in about 30 sec

If you run forward when fighting dagoth ur esp if you have levitate on the bridge you can make dagoth ur fall into the fire without having to fight him

edit: I am temtped to reinstall even though last time i played it i finished all the expansions and became grandmaster\in charge of every single nonexclusive guild and was lvl 85

Nice guide/thread :) I just started playing Morrowind again (its a great game, but I've never been able to get anywhere near finishing it.) I've started to grab a few mods; some of the ones I found mentioned here and otehrs that were recommended at the elderscrolls forums. Thanks again :)

i got to start playing my character again. i have a level 32 nord "uber warrior" (custom class). im on the stupid telvani bride mission though, and i dont want to do it. its just so boring and time consuming to do this mission :/

I've heard some mention of the next Elder Scrolls games on the way. Anyone have any more info on this?

edit: nevermind, found the forum link here

Last edited:
yeah, it was in the last game informer. omg, it looks so amazing. the grahpics in there look absolutely stunning... i just cant wait...

Back