• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mortal Kombat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TBH Kabal is extremely nerfed and it incredibly slow, at least when compared with my recollection of mk3.

I have not played this game ONCE outside of the demo. Been too busy moving. (Although I did sneak in one ROUND of Marvel vs Capcom 3.)

Liked everything about the demo though. Especially the new animation for when someone gets caught in Sub-Zero's ground freeze.

This series returning to its roots has been a long time coming. Midway might have been saved if they had done that a long time ago (just before Street Fighter IV would've been great). But I suppose Midway was just a MESS at that point.

Still it's always good to see a return to form. So far ALL the classic fighting games are back and looking good: Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Soul Calibur... I wasn't expecting this to ever happen in the next generation (since only crap fighters came out in the PS2/Xbox generation) but I'm glad it worked out in the end.

It would've been sad to have a whole generation of gamers not understand how to throw a fireball...

still enjoying the game.

I may be switching to a Johnny Cage fan. After an hour or so of practice with him, I was pulling off insane 15-20 hit combos with him - and I have trouble topping 10 with anyone else.

still enjoying the game.

I may be switching to a Johnny Cage fan. After an hour or so of practice with him, I was pulling off insane 15-20 hit combos with him - and I have trouble topping 10 with anyone else.

Johnny Cage is excellent with combos and most of them are pretty devastating. Compared with a lot of other characters his move transition is one of the best.

what is crazy is that johnny was always such an also ran with such long recovery time from his moves. he was just a joke character you'd whip out to embarrass someone with like Dan in Street Fighter.

Now?

Johnny is a beast.

Soo... After a long wait for them to patch the whole Kombat Code thing out till the PSN store is up, I can finally use my trial again and try to play online.

One problem though, my Mortal Kombat just hangs at "Connecting Lobby" forever. I've tried DMZ, still no luck, anyone else have the same problem (or a solution?)

i know this isn't "official", but i browse a few other forums (never post on them) and have seen many complaints about MK on the PSN as nearly broken: lots of disconnects, 2+ second input lag, etc.

How related is it to the nearly month-long PSN outage? I don't know. But let's assume that PSN never went down in the first place and this still occured: This would have been fixed 2-3 weeks ago in all likelyhood. Right now, I think they just need to do some serious netcode fixing.

Late on getting Kenshi. I got the Season Pass so I could get all 4 DLC characters for the price of 3, but didn't get to downloading Kenshi till last night.

I fiddled with him for about 5 minutes. He has probably the most ridiculously easy air juggles in the game to pull off. The drawback is he has a long recovery time if you miss your timing. Doesn't do a lot of damage per hit, but with the air juggles, you shouldn't have to worry too much as your opponent won't touch the ground.

I'm amazed at how good the story mode is. I haven't had a lot of time to play but with how the cut scenes seamlessly enter into a fight it's hard to put the controller down. This game is fantastic!

Once again, slow to the download party, just got Rain yesterday, and am looking forward to DLC #4 of Freddy Krueger.

Rain is very different from what i remember. He is still spamtasic with his kicks, though the timing on them is different that i remember in the old days. Though I haven't got the timing down yet, I can forsee people 'banning' Rain from competition events as it is insanely easy to get a 52-55% damage combo in about 4-5 hits, and if i hadn't flubbed the timing on hit 6, would have gone for 100%+.

In other words, Rain is awesome.

My foster brother stopped by today. He got MK for his PS3 and has all the DLC characters. He agrees with me. Krueger just doesn't belong.

How could Krueger not belong? I'm going to get the game and see for myself.

I fixed my playstation!

Back