• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most powerful BTX form factor PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just fired up My Dell XPS420- QX9650 and it's running at 4.32GHz 13x133 1.425V. 70*C on air. 12GB DDR2, 2x120GB SSD in RAID0, and GTX1660Ti.
CPUZ score went from 270/1049 to 390 /1496. A Dell T3400 workstation should do the same. This does have some cooling mods and heatsinks on the VRM.

That's 13x333, correct? Does the Dell BIOS allow you to adjust the multiplier on the X CPU or are you using software? That's a really nice overclock on a Dell. :thup:

That's 13x333, correct? Does the Dell BIOS allow you to adjust the multiplier on the X CPU or are you using software? That's a really nice overclock on a Dell. :thup:
I'm using Throttlestop software to get at the Voltage and multiplier settings. On a BTX when I increase the Voltage further the fan speeds up and it crashes. The big industrial fans Dell uses in their BTX can do this. I will get the fan off of the MB header and it should go faster. Possibly a lot.
I've also ordered some lower latency DDR2 modules to improve that area also.

Are you still looking to push your BTX case further? I have the same XPS case. Old BTX. Since I'm not apposed to mods where needed, I am considering buying the HP Elite 8300 SFF, LGA 1155, DDR3 motherboard. I think it uses the 3rd Gen Intel.

Back