• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Covers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
I love the looks of this:

Gryphon_KV_1.jpg

But don't have that motherboard.

Does anybody know of a place that makes motherboard covers?

Thanks!

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Could probably get one 3d printed. The problem is that I imagine unless they are made specifically for that board (or even so) it may act as more of a heat insulator and prevent airflow over the main components of the board.

knoober

They claim to be specifically designed to allow heat dissapation. One in particular that I looked at had fans underneath the vrm covers and openeings that could be adjusted to suit. AFAIK they are a feature of specific boards, but I like the idea of 3D printing a custom cover. I do think that you would have to build a fan into the vrm housing as well, I just done believe convection would do the job appropriately

Edit: http://www.overclockers.com/asus-sabertooth-z170-mark-1-motherboard-review/ here is the article I read that is the main info I have about these board covers.

Last edited: