• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Fan Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've written an article about cooler overvolting, and sent it to Joe... :)

Anyway, I've overvolted more than 10 coolers till today... And, only one had a sensor (others were oldies!)... :)) I've measured the rpm, and, the results were very good!

Cooler was copper orb (I think, anyway, some Titan sh*t), rotating at 5000rpm... And, overvolted it rotated at 7500rpm!

Overvolted to 24V... I didn't test it at 17V, but could be around 6000rpm...

Now, I think I'll write an article about DC brushless motors, so people don't think they can burn cooler just by overvolting it! :))

But, I'll need some time, now are exams, and nothing could be done till the end of February... :(

Anyway, I'll do my best to write this article on english... :) It'll be pretty hard, but I'll give it a try... :)

See you guys!

I found some interesting results like you had suggested. My buddies dual athlon system runs cooler under load due to the increased voltage of the 12v rail. I thought something was wrong with the temp sensors at first but then I tried 2 different sensors and found this to be true.

Back