• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Research Done (Intel)!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

Yet more research done on motherboards. This thread is alot harder to choose than the AMD boards. These are the top 3 boards. Depending on what type of user you are may change what board you may get. But based on benchmarks and other variables this is what i found.

1st Place: ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
Why? Well this is a lil tricky. This motherboard owns all at stock settings and can reach a FSB of 1000. Which is not really much compared to the IC7-G. But from what ive read and noticed this motherboard is alot more stable than the Abit board and actually lets you overclock unlike the Intel board. This is a gamers weapon of choice ;)

2nd Place: Abit IC7-G
Why? Well if you are a hardcore overclocker this will be ur first prize winner. But for a medium hobby guy like me i would pick the asus board. This Abit board gives u an insane amount of options but of coarse the more options the less stable u can get ;) so if u want to just go all out and have lots of overclocking fun this is your board. It almost beats the Asus at stock settings which is why this is second place. This is an overclockers weapon of choice.

3rd Place: Intel D875PBZ
Why? This is the best stock board of them all, but there is one HUGE flaw. NO MODDING NO TWEAKING NO OVERCLOCKING. yea... i wouldnt really go for this board. its an amazing board i will admit but the asus and abit give u more options making them MORE amazing ;). This for nubs and normal consumers.

Well i hope this made it alot easier on u guys. to see the AMD version of this thread go here

bafbrian

Not bad, but I am gonna wait for so more to come, so I am gonna wiat for for choice of King to of Silicon Hill.

HAHAHA

OP
Pixel

Pixel

haha sounds like a plan. i ended up doing all this research kuz the volcano 9+coolmod thermister thingy is actually a cpu killer. so i was forced into an upgrade. yea....bad times -_-

Ununquadium114

Disabled
the p4c800 is better for overclocking. ive seen ppl use it with their heavily modded prommy to hit a fsb of 320+