• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Shorting Out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scornduffer

I'm playing games if I get excited and bump the side of the computer the system reboots. This just started recently after I changed motherboards to a replacment Dragon Plus. I also checked the memory to see if it was secure and it was.

Soyo Motherboard, Athlon 1800XP, Gforce 3 Ti 200 64 megs Sparkle 350 watt power supply. :confused:

crazyman

scornduffer said:
I'm playing games if I get excited and bump the side of the computer the system reboots. This just started recently after I changed motherboards to a replacment Dragon Plus. I also checked the memory to see if it was secure and it was.

Soyo Motherboard, Athlon 1800XP, Gforce 3 Ti 200 64 megs Sparkle 350 watt power supply. :confused:

shorting out?=possible!
but it sounds like to me there might be something loose,
cable,video card,ram,etc,etc,
push on all the connectors again,and physically remove and re-install the ram and vid card,etc,etc

:) just my humble attempt at helping.

LocutusofBorg

Disabled
check all power connectors,unplug then replug them.
take out and reseat all cards ram and cpu
also make sure ALL the standoffs are in the rite place
look for loose screws ect UNDER the MoBo

opticle

Registered
Hmm......... try moving your computer further away from you when you play so you wont bump in to it. Or maybe you could try some new games that arent so exciting :)

Seriously though my friend had a simialr problem, you would just tap the case and the computer would reboot, it turned out to be his video card. He put a new card in and it wroked fine. He had a tyan board though.

Good luck