• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting a Black Ice Xtreme 480?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xris

Well, I decided that if I want to watercool anything other than my CPU, then I'd need a bigger radiator and if you're going to do something then go all out. So now I have this massive radiator attached to my system and my CPU temps at load don't go about 45*C.

I originally mounted the thing with the radbox but as soon as I pushed the PC towards its usual location a piece of plastic on the radbox broke. Did I mention that a filled 480 is heavy? So being as awesome as I am, I pulled out the old erector set and built my own steel radbox. Erector set pieces aren't that thick and as a result the 480 moves around a bit when I'm working on my system.

I'm thinking that there has to be a sturdier method of attaching this thing to the back of my system. Maybe some sort of set of brackets from the hardware store would do. How is everyone else mounting these monstrous radiators?

Perseus

When I considered getting a rad like this I was going to mount it on the wall behind my box, with QD valves. I bought the shelf and mounting HW but never got around to buying the rad because the entire endeavor started to seem like too much trouble. Oh well... :)

meionm

You could probably use spacers. I use them for my top mount but it will work sideways too.

antec.JPG