• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting a fan on the 5.25 bays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Ice

I've finally retired my DVD drive and have moved two of my hard drives to the top bay and just kept the other two hard drives in the HDD cage at the bottom of my Corsair Carbide 500R case. I'd like to put a fan in front of those drives in the 5.25 bay but I'm not sure how to do so or if it's even possible. I was thinking of putting a fan BEHIND the drives, but the SATA and power cables means it'll be tricky to secure a fan in that area. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hahaha... I was really hoping for a more "professional" solution :)

Why not get something like this? Just did a quick search and haven't found any dual 5.25" adapter type brackets yet if that's what you're limited to, but I'm sure they're out there.

Why not get something like this? Just did a quick search and haven't found any dual 5.25" adapter type brackets yet if that's what you're limited to, but I'm sure they're out there.
Thanks for the link, but I'd like to keep the front of my case looking just as it is. The front cover of the Corsair Carbide 500R is vented so if I can just mount a fan behind the cover, that would be the ticket! As for cooling solutions, most of what I can see are either similar to what you've linked or one of those fans that are designed to mount ON TOP of the HDD and blow air DOWN. I want a vertical fan to blow air ACROSS the HDDs.

You could use l brackets or 3d print something
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by an I bracket.... and unfortunately, I don't have access to a 3D printer.

L brackets. zipties really are the easiest way to mount one. after all you arent going to see how its mounted?

Back