• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting heatercore at top of case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

Thinking of getting a Lian Li case but it looks too cramped for watercooling. I searched the threads already of how people with the PC6's mounted their heatercores at the top of the case.

I might get this since I don't have a shroud handy:
http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...&Product_Code=Coolshroud&Category_Code=Shroud

Should I still mount the heatercore,shroud, and fan through the holes of the fan? What size should I use?

Just wanted to make sure first before I did it. I don't want to buy a $100 case and then screw up on cutting the holes.

Lothar5150

Coolsleeves™ Guy
Hi jlin453 with that shroud you can use the holes in the coreners to monut the core/fan/shroud assmebly to the case. The corener holes are a #4 (4-40 machine screw). For that type of mounting you might want to pick up some nice nylon spacers to cover the screws. That would look really clean.