• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse button stuck because of drinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thebearot

Registered
Hey guys,

I've got two mice with buttons stuck because of pop/juice, is there anything that I could use to make those button alive again? (chemicals/cleaners)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
Your mouse should have screws on the bottom. If you can't find any, remove the pads on the bottom (the pads to make the mouse slide) and open the mouse up. The PCB inside should pop right out then you can wash the plastic, let it dry and put it back together nice and clean. :)

jivetrky

If you can possibly get to it qith a Qtip, you can put some Isopropyl Alcohol on the Qtip and use that to clean it. It's best to use the 90-ish% stuff, not the 70%. As close to pure alcohol as you can get is best, that way it evaporates away and doesn't leave a bunch of byproducts.

If that isn't an option, i think you will have to go with ben333's advice and take it all the way apart and clean it. If you aren't real physically technical, you might consider taking a few pictures with a digicam as you dismantle so you know how to put it back together. But it should be fairly simple in there unless it's a fancy wireless mouse or something with 20 buttons. :)

Clay-fasa

Registered
take them apart and clean them is all you can do.
Best bet for sure. Depending on the mouse, a lot of crap has probably made its way to the back of the buttons, out of the reach of Q-tips.

Further adice would be simply DONT SPILL BEVERAGES ON YOUR HARDWARE...although weve all been there ;)

OP
T

thebearot

Registered
This forum is awesome! Thanks so much for the good suggestions guys.
I'll try the alcohol method first as it is easier. :santa: