• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moving on from nicehash - options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

tldr: 1, what Ethereum miner for nvidia cards Pascal and newer? 2, what's a good Ethereum wallet that runs on PC? I will access existing account via some kinda keyfile.

This time around I used nicehash as I'm too lazy to convert from ETH to BTC, since I can actually spend BTC directly. The recent shenanigans is making me want to ditch them, but the question then is what to move to?

I assume Ethereum is still generally most profitable. I just want to set and forget, not micro-manage it. What are the miners to use this time around? I believe Claymore I used before is not one of them.

I did very quickly dabble with ethminer but didn't continue with it since, connected to ethermine pool it was predicting lower revenue than nicehash was at that time. Should I use another? When Nicehash does ethereum on the 1070 it picks nbminer, and Excavator on a 2070. I just want one that works.

Yeah, claymore died. I liked that miner the best.

I used Trex and Phoenix. I like Trex better personally. But have used both.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Yeah, claymore died. I liked that miner the best.

I used Trex and Phoenix. I like Trex better personally. But have used both.

I'm currently using PhoenixMiner 5.5c and mining to Ethermine. Easy to set and forget. Ethermine has a nice dashboard to verify your workers are up and running as well as hashrates, unpaid balance, and estimated earnings.

I can't speak for others as I am just now getting back into this.

I'm now also using PhoenixMiner 5.5c with Ethermine.

Keeping it short, I started duplicating the ethminer setup since I had already downloaded and configured it once. This went fine until the 3070, where it wouldn't run. A quick search showed the software hadn't been updated recently (last update mid 2019), and without some kind of update wasn't going to work. Ok, switch to Phoenix and that's now been duplicated across my GPUs.

I've only done some basic tuning which is essentially dropping power limit and/or thermal limits depending on the card. Haven't touched the ram at all yet. It's now running on 1070, 1080Ti, 2070, 2080Ti, 3070, for a combined hash rate around 200MH/s. In a quick look at potential hash rate, that's possibly another 20% I can increase it presumably from tuning the ram better.

I also figured out why I was so confused about Ethereum wallets. I never had one. Of course, I have my Ethereum address but I had used it with a node to manage it, not a wallet. Next task is to figure that out so I can access my income when the time comes.

No complaints about Exodus yet.

Here are my settings for my 2070 and 3070 for a point of reference.

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB

Power Limit: 60%
Core Clock: -550
Memory Clock: +525
Fan Speed: 50% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 55°C
Hash Rate: 40.5 MH/s
Power Consumption: 111W
Efficiency (Watts:Mh/s): 2.74W:1MH/s

EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 GamingUltra

Power Limit: 60%
Core Clock: -550
Memory Clock: +1300
Fan Speed: 70% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 57°C
Hash Rate: 61.5 MH/s
Power Consumption: 144W
Efficiency (Watts:Mh/s): 2.34W:1MH/s

I used Afterburner to get a starting point and then set everything into the config file and finalized them. Some settings are beyond Afterburner's limits.

Interesting... for comparison at my current settings:
2070 (might be same gigabyte) 75% PL, 37 MH/s, 3.6W/MH/s.
3070 (MSI trio something) 41% PL, 51MH/s, 1.9W/MH/s.

I'm taking a break before I think about individually optimising the ram.

Ethermine has an app which helps monitor your rigs while you're not sitting at a pc. Highly recommended.

Ethermine has an app which helps monitor your rigs while you're not sitting at a pc. Highly recommended.

Good to know for the rare occasion I travel. Recently I spend less than 1% of my time more than 10m (30ft) away from a PC.

Was an epic battle but finally got geth running. Turned out it was Windows Firewall silently blocking it. Then I realised it isn't what I was looking for. I think what I used last time was literally called Ethereum Wallet, which included geth as part of the package. Searching for ethereum wallet now obviously brings up any one of many possibilities. Whatever I used might not exist any more. So I still need some kind of software wallet that can import my existing keyfile. Right now, I can use MEW in what they say is an unsafe way by accessing the keyfile through their web site.

Also, any idea how long an averaging period ethermine uses? Curious what my daily revenue might be as it is still slowly creeping up from averaging. Suppose I could use a calculator based on hashrate elsewhere too...

phoenix as many mentioned, also for nvidia nbminer is a good choice (https://github.com/NebuTech/NBMiner)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Was an epic battle but finally got geth running. Turned out it was Windows Firewall silently blocking it. Then I realised it isn't what I was looking for. I think what I used last time was literally called Ethereum Wallet, which included geth as part of the package. Searching for ethereum wallet now obviously brings up any one of many possibilities. Whatever I used might not exist any more. So I still need some kind of software wallet that can import my existing keyfile. Right now, I can use MEW in what they say is an unsafe way by accessing the keyfile through their web site.

Also, any idea how long an averaging period ethermine uses? Curious what my daily revenue might be as it is still slowly creeping up from averaging. Suppose I could use a calculator based on hashrate elsewhere too...

true results are after 24hrs .. I know, I know, but otherwise its a bit off, verified oh so many times

good wallet is exodus, multi-coin, very reliable, actually going public with a SEC filing !

The exodus wallet is going public? How are they making money?

well exchange model I guess, here is the filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1821534/000114036121006439/nt10013846x8_1a.htm

took a while to find :))
https://support.exodus.com/article/1526-getting-started-with-exodus-shares#about

How do you make money?

We derive our revenues from API integration fees (both transaction- and non-transaction-based) that we charge to third parties who develop applications that our customers can access from the Exodus Wallet through an API

Last edited:
Back