• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mp3 CD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MicrosoftMaster

Registered
i hae XP Pro, also i have ahead nero 5, and i have easy cd creator
and neither one of them have the option to make an mp3 cd, u c, my car is capable of playing mp3 cd's and i figure i could get a lot more songs that way, how would i go about doing that?

Kendan

Senior Punk
Welcome to the forums:D:D:D

You can use XP or Nero just put the files on the cd-r. I do not know if they can be read inside of nested folders. Although The cd player should be abvle to read them in folders. Maybe someone else can answer that.:D

AllenSmoker

Read the manual for the player. some dont like files in root and others can only recognize so many directory layers. Also you will want to make sure the player can read id3 tags or display long filenames, otherwise the filename will get truncated and it will be hard to tell what song or album your on until you listen to it.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
My MP3 CD player has the option of using the tags, or the file names. But I find it easiest to make the CD with...
1. a folder for each artist
2. rename the files to JUST the name of that song
3. stuff the songs in the correct artist folder

This makes it much easier to find a song since I don't have to poke through the whol list. I just select a directory(artist) then a title.
And don't try to squeeze more than 650mb onto one disk, you're more likely to get skipping if you get too close to the 700mb limit.