• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Office 2003 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

Has anyone that's using Office 2003 Beta figured out how to get the shortcut bar on the desktop? I've used Office 97 & 2000, on them you just clicked start > programs > Microsoft Office Tools and select Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar & that's it. I haven't been able to find it in Office 2003 Beta. Anyone else using this program been able to find it. Or maby MS just left it out. :(

I doubt they left it out, are you a beta tester ? If you are you should know what your doing with it then ;) It not... that speaks for it self.

The Office 2003 beta is available to the public. If you aren't a partner, you can get it for the cost of shipping. It is *15* disks and includes Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Frontpage, Publisher, SharePoint services and Sharepoint Portal Server as well as OneNote (tablet PC addin)--all 2003.

I've got this on my laptop and I like it alot, but I haven't looked for the toolbar as of yet. I'm not particularly partial to the Office toolbars of previous versions, so I haven't exactly been missing it, either. However, if you try the help system, you should probably be able to find it easily enough.

Mbigna, thanks. I looked in the help files & I can't find anything about it. I never have used Office XP, so I don't even know if it was a feature there. I really like Office 2003 Beta also. I've just been using Office 2000 since it came out & have become use to the old shortcut bar on my desktop. Even if 2003 Beta dosen't have it, I'll still keep using it. But I'd sure like it better if I could get that shortcut bar back on my desktop instead of all these other shortcut icons that I've put there to replace it. :D

mbigna said:
The Office 2003 beta is available to the public. If you aren't a partner, you can get it for the cost of shipping. It is *15* disks and includes Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Frontpage, Publisher, SharePoint services and Sharepoint Portal Server as well as OneNote (tablet PC addin)--all 2003.

Sweet Jesus! :eek:

Back