• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mSATA to SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Does anyone have a recommendation for a "good" adapter. I have a mSATA drive but currently no board it works on. Just want to put it to use

Last edited:
OP
Johan45

Johan45

Last edited:
OP
Johan45

Johan45

Just to follow up, I purchased this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817986019
Mostly because it wasn't too expensive and the local PC shop had one. So far everything seems to work as intended. The system recognized the drive and OS install went as normal. Installation was very straight forward. One thing to note is the connector are VERY snug especially the power connection. I was worried I might break something.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Just to follow up, I purchased this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817986019
Mostly because it wasn't too expensive and the local PC shop had one. So far everything seems to work as intended. The system recognized the drive and OS install went as normal. Installation was very straight forward. One thing to note is the connector are VERY snug especially the power connection. I was worried I might break something.

Does TRIM still work Johan? And can you read SMART?
IIRC there's some utility out there to check that.

Wondering if I should grab an mSATA SSD and one of these adapters...

OP
Johan45

Johan45

Never really checked, not using it now but Sammy Magcian set it up and optimized etc.. So I assume everything works.
That's what I did got a really good deal on the little drive. It just cost an extra $20 for the adapter

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Never really checked, not using it now but Sammy Magcian set it up and optimized etc.. So I assume everything works.
That's what I did got a really good deal on the little drive. It just cost an extra $20 for the adapter

Cool thanks!
Sounds like if that magician can see the drive everything should work. That's my guess too.