• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Afterburner Settings at Startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgilbert

Registered
I have an MSI RX-480 Gaming X 8g, overclocked to 1380 MHz / 2150 MHz, with +20% on the power, and an extra 50 millivolts. This makes it basically equal to an RX-580 Gaming X 8g, and it has proven to be stable over several days, in many games and benchmarks.

I have Afterburner set to apply those settings at startup, which works fine, but I'm curious about something. Those settings get applied just fine, without Afterburner running at startup, but I can't figure out where this happens. I can't find anything in the registry that triggers the settings, nor is there anything in any of the startup folders. I also can't find a service or process that seems to apply those settings.

So, exactly how is that the settings get applied without Afterburner running at startup???

Back