• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI Announces MEG B550 Unify and MEG B550 Unify-X Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice read, thanks. I've been looking for a board to buy and these might be it. B550 but the specs seem to read like a X570. Also, paper launch so far it seems, as I cannot find them in stock anywhere. Got a bit confused because it seems there's a X570 Unify series as well. I'll be curious to see what price point they drop in at. If it's dead close to the X570s then there'll have to be a hard comparison on which is more worth it.

I've purchased the X570 Unify after reading about B550 Unify/X. Prices for some reason will be not much different and when I buy full ATX motherboard then I expect to use some more PCIe slots and other things. For memory and CPU OC I can use cheaper motherboards with the same or not much worse effect.

Nice read, thanks. I've been looking for a board to buy and these might be it. B550 but the specs seem to read like a X570. Also, paper launch so far it seems, as I cannot find them in stock anywhere. Got a bit confused because it seems there's a X570 Unify series as well. I'll be curious to see what price point they drop in at. If it's dead close to the X570s then there'll have to be a hard comparison on which is more worth it.

Gabber, this article was a product announcement and not an actual launch. That's why you haven't found these yet. I don't know when they will actually launch unfortunately, though I do expect it to be very soon. It's more than a little curious to me why they would manufacture such a high-end 'extreme' overclocking board on a lower than top tier chipset. With pricing expected to be only slightly lower, I would make the assumption that it would be marketed towards competitive benchmarking for those who don't have a need for Gen 4 lanes.

For some reason B550 motherboards are overclocking memory better than X570. This is probably why MSI makes X series on B550 chipset. CPU performance is the same. Maybe it's less complicated and easier to provide clean signal, I'm not sure. X570 is heating up more and costs more so getting B550 is a win for both sides... as long as it will sell with high enough margin for the manufacturer and low enough price for end-users.
All manufacturers are adding something for the Ryzen 5000 premiere. ASUS released two new motherboards, ASRock one and probably Gigabyte will show something soon too... but they recently refreshed most of their line marked as V2. I only don't get these mobos with one PCIe x16 and 4 M.2 sockets. The same has ASUS. I mean who needs 4 M.2 sockets on a motherboard like this. They could make high-end micro ATX with B550 chipset as there are not many good mATX mobos for AMD.

Back