• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI Beep Sounds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idkfa

Hey

Specs should be in my signature, the 4Ghz OC is at a fixed voltage of 1.17V.

I unplugged everything (incl. the PSU cable) and plugged everything in again, part by part. Seems to be working again :attn:

Never had the BIOS speaker built in though (didn't figure out where, when I started building this PC).

I get 1 Long, followed by 2 short beeps on start up. I googled it, but found no defintive answer. Can anyone enlighten me? I found GPU has detected a problem and parity error.

Original Post:
Symptoms are: No USB devices are powered, no video signal, fans are running, phase LEDs of GPU are on, no light on the MoBos I/O switch, nor does the lights at the LAN port work.

What I did
- rebooted couple of times, does only shutdown when IO switch is hold, reboots immediately, currently the PSUs I/O switch is set to off What I'll try right now:
- CMOS reset via jumper

Any input that helps me figuring this one out would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm sure I can lay hands on my friends 9800gt so I'll switch the video card tomorrow.
While I'm at it I'll reseat the RAM and see if memtest gives me anything.
I was kinda freaked out since nothing blinked and I wasn't particularly thrilled to buy an older gen mobo right now.
However could RAM / GPU lead to no USB power and no phase LEDs on the mobo blinking :?

Possibly, i'm not very sure because it never happen to me before and each mobo work different, i have never use MSI motherboard before, only use ASUS mobo.

Thanks again for your help. Talked to MSI tech support. They have no idea what caused my original situation, however if this was a one time thing, nothing to worry about.
And the short beeps after the long beep (power on) represent the number of recognized USB devices. So I'll remove the speaker again and everything goes back to normal :)

Back