• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI G4ti4200 8x 128Mb get only 64mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parthenon

Registered
i bought my MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200 128mb with 8x(8894)
but i view my Vga ingormation i only get 64 memory for my card??
can anyone help me to slove this problems....

note:i have put the as3 on my back of the VGA Ram ..any problmes??

my spec:
P-IV [email protected]
MSI 845 PE max
1x512mb pc2700 apacer 2-2-2-5 ram
win xp pro(sp1)
nvidia denotanor v40.71

help me plz....................:( :(

You probably have received the wrong card by mistake. How much memory does it say it has on the box?

This is a known issue....

I have the same card, and D/L'ing an updated driver from MSI seems to fix the problem for MOST people. Or, just update to a more current nVidia driver. Check out this link. Scroll down to the third message. Also check out this link, and this link, and in particular, this one.
Hope this helps.
Also, I have ASIII on my card and haven't had any problems, but MSI doesn't recommend it, and states it could void your warranty if you use it.

parthenon said:
911.can u just put the upadate link here

so that i just donwload it

You might want to read the last link that 911medic posted. It is exactly the same problem you are talking about and someone had a workaround to fix it. They also mentioned that the card is still running at 128 even though it says 64. The main problem seems to be that the drivers have some bug that shows the wrong amount of memory in the display properties.

i think my problem same like wt 911 said..

i'm using Nvidia denotanor..i need to unistall it first or.just update the bios:eek: :(

OK....I don't think there's even an updated BIOS for our cards (I've occasionally checked, and there's never been one), but the bottom line is, the MSI 41.07 drivers that came with the card have some bug in them that displays the wrong memory for the card. Here's what you need to do:
1) Download a newer driver. You can use the updated MSI 41.07 driver (which you can find here; just scroll down to where it says "Nvidia driver 41.07"--notice how it states "Fixed MS-8894 memory incorrectly shown on MSI Tab"?), or you can download a newer driver from the nVidia site, or from another website, such as Guru3d.
2) Uninstall your current driver. Go to "Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs," select "nVidia Display Driver," and remove it. You may need to reboot, and if you use a driver removal program (like Detonator Destroyer, or something else), run it according to it's instructions.
3) Install the new driver, and reboot.
That SHOULD do it.

911medic said:
OK....I don't think there's even an updated BIOS for our cards (I've occasionally checked, and there's never been one)

If you want to use an nVidia reference BIOS, you can go here and see if they have an updated BIOS for the card. As well as the tools to use to change it.

I have an MSI card and the upgrade didn't mess up the card at all.

It didn't mess it up, but what did it do? It says "Changes: Unknown." I wouldn't mind risking upgrading if I thought there would be an improvement.

I believe some people have claimed that they were able to increase their card overclocks after upgrading the bios. I wasn't able to with mine though.

Back