• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X Review: Turing Without Ray Tracing and Tensor Cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NVIDIA's Turing architecture found in the 2xxx series video cards came onto the scene nearly six months ago releasing the high-end first in the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti. Time went on and the mid-range tier hit the scene with the RTX 2070 and RTX 2060 coming out a bit later filling out the full RTX lineup but leaving plenty of space in the market for a less expensive, more budget-friendly solution. In comes the GTX 1660.

Click here to view the article.

UltraTaco

I still dont understand why 1660 and not 1160. They will run out of numbers and itll turn into r a n d o m n e s s!!:screwy:

Will they also release 1670 and 1680 ti versions?

Robert17

Premium Member
The performance of these 'mid-tier' cards coming out, including the Vegas, are pretty awesome considering the pipeline offering of just a few years ago. A mid-range gaming build using this silicon seriously outperforms a high-end build of the not-so-distant past and should encourage anyone with the desire to launch a new build. Toss in the SSD/RAM pricing and BOOM! Nice review Joe.

Alaric

Really good review, with the added benefit of making me happy (still) that I jumped on the nVidia bandwagon for Pascal. They're coming out with some good Turing cards if I were building a new rig today (1660 Ti, 2060) that seem to be nailing the price/performance bullseye at 1080p/1440 resolutions. 1070/1070 Ti performance at $279 to $349 is a big win for consumers. :thup:

Fortunately, until there are some big changes in the games I play I can happily skip this gen of GPU upgraditis. Eventually I'll upgrade my display, but since it's also my TV, 4k will have to get a lot cheaper for that to happen. Maybe by then I can find an old, obsolete 2080 Ti for something my budget would call affordable.

Seems like a solid card for the price. These caught me off guard though. Saw them headlining Newegg's newsletter and thought it was a typo, first I heard of them.