• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi K7d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

picked me up a refurbed at newegg for 160...I doubt they'll go down much either. But when XP1600's are so cheap you can justify paying a little extra for a mobo. I paid 400 bucks and that got me 256mb PC2100, K7D, 2 XP1600's (agoia's), 2 volcano 7's, PSU. had an extra HD sitting around so it worked out well.

The only time I see a pricedrop happening with these is when AMD puts out clawhammer is it?

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
Sometimes Newegg has refurbished ones for about $160-170.

That's probably as good as it's gonna get for a while. That motherboard is really the best dual overclocking board out right now. If someone MADE me choose a dual mobo and I couldn't have the MSI, I would choose either the Asus or Iwill, although neither one is nearly as good as the MSI.

To me, it is worth the money to invest on a really good motherboard. It's an expensive item, but it's the backbone of the computer. You don't want to have to replace it often or bend over backwards to get it to work right.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
ATC9001 said:
I paid 400 bucks and that got me 256mb PC2100, K7D, 2 XP1600's (agoia's), 2 volcano 7's, PSU. had an extra HD sitting around so it worked out well.

That's about what I paid....I got the XP1600+'s and K7D for $300, I had 2 x 256MB PC2100 (I got these when ram was dirt cheap about a year or so ago...) for $100, and I had two Millennium Glaciators handy...

I had a floppy, cd-rom, vid/sound, etc...already, so I don't count that...

$400 is a good sized chunk of change, but when I look at the end results (3.5GHz), I'm ok with it. ;)

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Miknow said:
does this board require Registered ram?

Nope. Bill Gates doesn't need to know what ram you've got....:p

Seriously, no. But I believe unregistered will only work in the first two DIMM slots.

B.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Get that MSI.

If you want to skimp at first, get an inexpensive video card and used monitor. Up grade those later.

Everything else depends on that mobo as a foundation to work off.