• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU, Wont power on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xavierfg

Registered
I just set up a watercooling system using an Iwill kk266+r, and it was working fine. 512 mb ram, amd xp1800+

I decided to upgrade the motherboard to an MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU.
I installed the cpu, waterblock, vid card, ram, etc, jus the bare minimums.

I powered up the pump, then the system, but the power switch wouldnt turn the computer on. I then tried to use a jumper to turn it on, thinking maybe th eswitch was defective. No luck.

When i checked the psu motherboard connector, it would power on when i inserted it half way starting with the connector angled to the left. It would start, but there would be no video, and later on, hard drive activity stopped.

The board was brand new, i checked the cpu, and i dont see any cracks, motherboard is fine. I tried replacing everything with alternate parts (vid card, ram, psu), but it still didnt work.

odd thing is tho,
wen i switched back to my old motherboard to see if the msi one was faulty, it did the same thing as the msi one did. *shrug*

Gonna try to switch to diff. processor later on, but if any of u kno wuts wrong, your help is appreciated

I dont wanna hav to deal with stupid RMA's and shipping stuf, Im impatient and 120 bux poorer .. :T

I have just returned my KT3 for RMA because it is giving me so many problems. I am very disappointed having had the K7T Raid V3.0.
Anyway to your problem - this kind of thing normally occurs when there is a short. Firstly I would never set up a new mobo with water cooling. I would suggest going air initially until you have all the bugs sorted out.
Check that there is nothing like a screw or something been left between the pan and the mobo and is causing a short. Check all your connectors to make sure that none of them has a connector that could have come out and is shorting with the case. Check that all the connectors in the ATX are down. Avoid pulling the ATX by the wires as you could cause one of the lines to pull out of the block and not make prpoer contact with the male contector on the mobo.

Back