• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI kt333 Ultra, will it run a tbredA B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

livingelf

here is the deal, i bought a msi kt333 ultra(refurb) and it ran my 2100+ fine, but when i went to do a switcharoo and put a 1700+ in it didn't boot, so i reset the cmos, still wouldn't boot, put 2100+ back in and got nothing.... Both where tbred B's. So now im not sure if this thing is dead or not, im wondering if it needs a newer cpu, anyone know? I took battery out and PS was shut off for the longest time no luck, it def won't boot. 2nd, I put a diff bios chip(might not have been exact model bios or working)didn't work, but then i tried it backwards and that fried the bios, so yu think if the board is usable that just killed it? Thanks guys. Im thinking of buying a chip for it to see if it works but don't want to put money into an old board like this if it doesn't work. Im also wondering if it doesn't need a new bios chip also wut you guys think?

Last edited:
Back