• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT7PRO 2-A not keeping settings after reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

win98nogood

Registered
MSI KT7PRO 2-A , w/850 tbird @ 1000, pep 66 cooler , I set my multiplier to 10x 100 and it will not boot at 1000 it goes to 600 but when I reboot(twice) it will run at 1000 , is my motherboard bad that I can keep the settings only if I reboot twice , any ideas on how to slove this problem using the latest bios 2.2

I've found that when setting up an overclock with the 2A, the soft boot gives 400MHz lower than specified in BIOS and requires a hard boot for the correct speed. After the initial hard boot I've had no problems.

Think he means 'cold' boot by 'hard' boot - as in switching on from switched off using the atx power button, rather than pressing the reboot button with the power on.

I had the same problems with the bios not remembering the cpu mulitplyer but It hasnt happend since I flashed to bios 2.2

I had the same problems with the bios not remembering the cpu mulitplyer but It hasnt happend since I flashed to bios 2.2

Back