• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Look what greeted me this morning :D

Yeah I know I was pretty dead-set on the ASRock, but then after careful scrutiny and days of reading, watching videos ( and countless Corona beers :D) I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the MSI board. It was the best option for my needs. The great reviews of the power VRM section was actually one of the main reasons why I decided to snag it.

Pairing it with the 5800X. I'm going to have sooo much fun with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_152213.jpg
    IMG_20210314_152213.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 178
SWEET! I was so happy to hear about it yesterday! :clap: Congrads. I <3 my MSI Unify; I'm sure it will be fun.

I hope it will work much better than my Unify :p ... but really I bet you will have a lot of fun with the new build :thup:

I hope it will work much better than my Unify :p ... but really I bet you will have a lot of fun with the new build :thup:

Thanks! I was looking at the Unify, but of course my pockets weren't deep enough :rofl:, so I settled for it's "Cheaper little brother" :D Yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing with it!

I'll keep you posted!

*Update*

I couldn't wait any longer, so last night I did the swap. I had thought I killed the pump because it wasn't running. Stupid me forgot to plug in the molex to start bleeding :bang head. Anyhows, fresh os install, drivers, updates, it's blinding fast! When I saw how much Auto dumps into the chip (1.475v :eek:), when it ramped up with P95, temps hit 90c+. I got into the bios and dropped it down to 1.4v. Then I raised multi to 48 all cores, disabled a few things and voila 4.8Ghz. Crazy fast! Also temps dropped to 70c under P95. I'm gonna keep tweaking to try and get the temps down further.

So far I'm really enjoying this new setup :D

Attachments

• AMD.JPG
    AMD.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 139
1.72B Beta bios replaced with 1.70.

Flashed and running great!

Attachments

• V1.70_6_23_2021.JPG
    V1.70_6_23_2021.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 65
Weird.. its a day later (6/23 vs. 6/22)... same agesa...assuming it just went from beta to release.

Back