• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI MEG Coreliquid S280 AIO CPU Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Feature-1.jpg
MSI's MEG series represents the companies highest tier, enthusiast-grade products, with the Coreliquid S280 being the most feature-rich 280 mm All-In-One CPU cooler MSI has to offer. At the heart, it features an Asetek pump with a 2.4" customizable IPS display and two MEG Silent Gale P14 140 mm fans paired with the 30 mm thick 280 mm radiator. First, let's look at the many features that set this cooler apart from the average All-In-One cooler.
Click here to read more!

The cooling fan in the waterblock seems like a good idea. I have fans in my system oriented so airflow goes bottom>top, so the CPU VRM heatsinks get some air movement from the fans on the X73 but it's not straight across - the intake fans are partially blocked by the 2080. They don't get hot, but they get warm.

I think the small screen on this is so cool. The screen is removable right, how far can the screen be from where it is normally attached? The pictures and videos that the screen plays, are they stored on the AIO cooler or on your computer and streamed to the screen? What type of cable allows the computer to communicate with the screen?

The screen is not designed to be removable however if you were adventurous I suppose you could. There are 4 small screws attaching it to the PCB above the water pump fan. There is a shroud that sits on top of the screen that is removable though.

There are 4 cables coming from the AIO. The first is labeled Fan1 and connects to the two radiator fans. there is a CPU fan header for reporting the radiator fan speed. A SATA power cable for powering the pump obviously. Finally, a USB connector. The USB connector is what is necessary to control the display. The files are all stored on the computer and, to my knowledge, nothing is stored on the AIO itself.

Back