• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI mobo mghtz analog display?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrjones

Registered
First time poster - Love these forums very insiteful.

Question1:

Can the mghtz of the CPU be displayed by an external meter? For example does DOC5 display the mghtz the CPU is running at? If so, does it rely on a SW prog. to do so? How are the leads connected to the mobo? Is there a way to send the mghtz to an external meter, without SW/DOC5 support? Can it be sent to an analog meter?

Question2:

Same as above however replace with CPU usage. Can the CPU in use % be sent to an external anolog meter or display device?

Why would you do such a foolish thing?:

Am thinking about a cool retro mod that would use an external analog meter (you know the vU meters that tick up/down) to display the mghtz or CPU usage. Temp is pretty easy, however CPU % in use seems a bit more difficult. Suggestions?

Peace,

Hannibal

OP
mrjones

mrjones

Registered
Thanks. This is a great resource...

re: Tach. Yeah I saw that. Not quite what I'm after, but interesting none-the-less. Did you happen to notice the "patent pending" line?
:)

I'm pretty sure the tachometer has been done before.

Peace,

Hannibal