• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R Mid-Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

MSI is well known for its motherboards, graphics cards, and power supplies, but what about its PC cases? Yes, they do make PC cases. A few weeks ago, we reported that MSI had released many new USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C equipped cases. In turn, MSI has submitted several of these chassis for review. The first in this series of reviews will be the MSI MPG GUNGNIR 110R. It's been over eight years since I've had my hands on an MSI case, so I'm excited to see what MSI has to offer.

Click here to view the article.

Hi. I have a question about MPG Gungnir 110R's case fans. It is written that the fans are 4-pin PWM, but the fans have a 3-pin input. And I can't control the speed of the fans with software. Could there be a mistake in the review?

Hi. I have a question about MPG Gungnir 110R's case fans. It is written that the fans are 4-pin PWM, but the fans have a 3-pin input. And I can't control the speed of the fans with software. Could there be a mistake in the review?

Outstanding observation Yasingunaydin. While writing the review I had MSI confirm that the fans were MAG MAX F12A's and took the Specs chart from the website here. Either their specs chart is wrong or these are not exactly the same because as you mentioned these have a 3-pin connector and are not PWM. You will need to set your fans to DC control in your motherboard's BIOS to control the speeds.

I will contact MSI again to confirm if there is a mistake on their website and get the review corrected as well. This correction will also apply to the MPG Sekira 100R as it uses the same fans.

Since I couldn't control the fans in the case with software, I was doing research on these fans on the internet. Many websites say that these fans are 4-pin PWM. While attaching the case fans to the Commander Core that came with the Corsair H100i, I saw that the MSI fans of the case are 3 pins, while the fans of the liquid cooler are 4 pins. Since I bought my computer as a ready-made system, I wondered if the seller had replaced my case fans with DC versions, frankly. As you confirmed, the fans are 3-pin DC fans, not 4-pin. Thank you for your answer, correction can be made in the review if it is also verified by MSI. In this way, those who will buy the case will get the right information. Yours truly.

We'll get that update done on our page soon. :)

MSI should update their website for the chassis as well as the fan webpage. The chassis webpages don't mention if they are 3 or 4 pin and the fan page doesn't mention/display a 3-pin/DC controlled version.

Back