• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI NX8400GS vs Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ExTaCy1337

Registered
Hello there, I have those too graphic cards..
which one should I use ??

MSI NX8400GS TD265E (256MB)
or
Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro (256MB)?
Which one is better? :|
please help me :D

Old Thrashbarg

Well, what do you want to do with it?

You're not going to be doing much gaming on either of 'em, at least not any titles that have come out in the past couple years. The X1600 is a bit faster in games out of the box, but it may be possible to overclock the 8400GS to match it... the 8400 has a lot more headroom than the X1600. (I'm also assuming the MSI card is the faster G86 version... it appears to be, but I'm not absolutely sure on that.)

The 8400GS does have the advantage of supporting DXVA, though, which is nice for playing HD video.

OP
E

ExTaCy1337

Registered
Well, what do you want to do with it?

You're not going to be doing much gaming on either of 'em, at least not any titles that have come out in the past couple years. The X1600 is a bit faster in games out of the box, but it may be possible to overclock the 8400GS to match it... the 8400 has a lot more headroom than the X1600. (I'm also assuming the MSI card is the faster G86 version... it appears to be, but I'm not absolutely sure on that.)

The 8400GS does have the advantage of supporting DXVA, though, which is nice for playing HD video.

I am not playing too much games...
I maybe play Lineage II sometimes , so I open like more clients that I can...
Which can handle most?
I want this card for games and other uses, internet and all that stuff...
It's architecture is NVIDIA G86 yeah...
Hmmm... I am not good at overclocking thow, never tried it too much :D
on graphics cards only with the MSI Afterburner thing I think an EVGA something... :p without overclocking X1600 is better?
x1600 doesnt support DXVA?

p.s. I am on windows 7...Direct X 11...