• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM X Review: Ampere Supreme?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Our next review will cover the MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X (pronounced /so?o?pr?m/, like Supreme). The Suprim X lineup resides above the Gaming X cards relegating those SKUs to second in front of the Ventus line. The new GPU series features dual BIOS capability, a new Twin Frozr 2S heat sink, higher TGP than the Gaming X Trio line, and robust power delivery to support the additional power draw.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review... except for two things:

1. Where's the 3070?
2. The PHOTOS... umm... Did you take those on your mattress? With your phone? Clearly ANY photos are better than no photos... but you could've gotten a lot of mileage out of just a little more work. Taking the same photos on ANY hard surface... your hardwood floors... kitchen counter... kitchen table... your wooden desk... would've been better than taking them on that mattress or pillow or whatever. Failing that... if you were going for the "product photography" look... then I'd recommend just using whatever free white wall you have, a couple of white sheets of printer paper (PURE white) underneath the card, and a $2 white light bulb. Lit properly that would've given you a nearly professional product photo... and you could even angle the lamp in such a way to catch a little shine from the metal parts of the card.

Obviously all of your effort went into the bench marks and other important stuff... but the photos are important as well.

1. We didn't get one for review so we do not have the data.
2. Point taken. Thanks for the advice. I typically use my mini lightbox (feel free to look at previous reviews I've done...and others) but the kids destroyed it and the other is on the way.

For this, I worked with a white wall and the white sheet (PURE white AFAIK) I used to use for cases/large items sitting on top of a solid filing cabinet (the hard surface it sat on for this shoot... the sheet is doubled over so as to be white instead of showing the dark red wood). Looks like it needed to be ironed at least, lol. FYI, this was lit by daylight/sun and two other lights as well so lighting is covered as was the other advice. This was just bad timing on the lightbox availability. If I have to do another review it will be back in the box (or worst case, I'll iron the sheet). ;)

Last edited:
Back