• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio Review: Fastest Ever... for $1500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is inaccurate. Most games see an increase in SLI. Very few games have absolutely no increase at all. However, whether it is worth it is another matter, of which I think no it's not worth it.

I looked into SLI and the selection of games that actually use SLI is slim to none and the ones that did were games no one plays. So like I said, no decent games use SLI. Please post some information of games getting an advantage from SLI.

Only the 3090 has the NVLink so investing 3K+ for SLI ro play games is about all the info most people need. Really not cost effective considering the 3090 is a beast out of the gate

I looked into SLI and the selection of games that actually use SLI is slim to none and the ones that did were games no one plays. So like I said, no decent games use SLI. Please post some information of games getting an advantage from SLI.

ALL games use SLI. SLI is a hardware effect, not a software effect. You can force SLI on your Windows desktop render. The game doesent need to 'use SLI'. The nvidia control panel makes that decision, not the game. Games can be optimized for SLI to increase the benefit, but even games that were made before SLI even existed can benefit from SLI. The nvidia application can force SLI on any application. I used to have SLI and it yielded some amount of benefit in virtually all games. Some much more than others though. The main issue is that a few games would cause crashes with SLI and so it wasent worth keeping it on, but for the others it worked fine even if the game was not designed for it. Just the games that were specifically optimized for it yielded the greatest benefit.

I think SLI should be a last ditch effort to gain FPS when it's not otherwise possible, but technically it does work, it's just not efficient. Like more than double the cost for maybe a 15 - 20% increase in FPS. It also produces a crap load of heat and it guzzles power.

Last edited:
Back